The evaluation criteria below can be used to select a winning proposal. The Judges determine which criteria they prefer and how to weight each item.
For first and second readings
- Uses appropriate scientific vocabulary, writer’s voice and formatting style to refer to sources.
- Demonstrates a college-level grasp of a social science topic and the research process.
- Proposes to tackle a tangible problem.
- Is feasible in scope and within the limited budgetary range of a full-time CEGEP student.
- Demonstrates a basic awareness of key issues and findings in the literature.
- Proposes a Method Plan (methods, instruments, sampling and analysis) that will produce meaningful results for a college-level student project.