PRACTISE OPENING SPEECH
Practise running through the speech with the other member of the General Public or a fellow student and fill out the CHECKLIST below.
- Adequate statement of concerns on the topic.
- Coherent representation of General Public position.
- Clear distinction between “us” (non-scientists) and “them” (scientists).
- Sufficient examples to back up the more general points.
- Adequate justification for General Public’s recommendations for future research.
- Character personification provides authenticity to speech.
- Convincing communication style.
- Delivered in a few minutes.
Identify two areas of the speech that need improvement :