CREATE ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS AND ORDER MATERIALS OR EQUIPMENT
- View the main touchpoints of the website material under the Fund$ Game section, especially the other Scripts.
- Refer to the Setting Assignment Parameters to help you devise your own assignment instructions.
- See the Sample Assignment Instructions and Evaluation Grids for guidance.
- If you want the players to take the preparatory work seriously, be sure to assign a grade value to the completion of the role-specific SCRIPT FORMS. These take three to five hours to complete (see class/lab/homework weighting in their scripts).
- Consider how and when players will need access to various parts of the website material.
- Complete the assignment instructions and deliver them to the students as soon as you determine a start date. Most teachers deliver instructions and assign roles on the first scheduled day of classes; some wait a while.
- Decide what materials and equipment you may need to order in advance for the GAME PLAY. Refer to the Materials and Templates for the menu of GAME PLAY paraphernalia.
- Carefully review the completed assignment instructions with the students during lab or class time.
- Navigate through the main touchpoints of the Fund$ Game material to ensure they understand the connection between your assignment instructions and the website material.
- Explain how the students will be expected to behave and speak in ways befitting their respective roles:
- During class or lab time, discuss the Fund$ Game Code of Conduct as a way to introduce them to forms of professional standards of behaviour.
- Authenticate the experience by explaining that you will incorporate name placards, gavel, currency…