Contest winners who choose to be published and honoured with a Research Work of Outstanding Merit award sign an agreement to become Grant Holders.
To qualify, Grant Holders must
- At the time of filling out the Contestant Entry Form, be enrolled as a student in Québec’s CEGEP Social Science Program.
- Have worked on or completed a Research Proposal as a component of course work under the supervision of a teacher.
- Be selected as a winner by the Judges and the Ethics Board Reviewers in a Collegiate Contest.
Step 1 - CONSIDER THE TERM
- Consider what it means to become a Grant Holder. Take a look at these steps to get a clearer picture.
- Review the terms of the Grant Holder Agreement Form at the bottom of this document.
Step 2 - SIGN AND DELIVER THE GRANT HOLDER AGREEMENT
- If you agree with the terms, complete all required fields and sign the form.
- Send the form to the Lead Research Director at your college in the next ten (10) working days. The prize and award will be forfeited if the completed form is not processed in time.
Step 3 - CONSULT WITH YOUR SPONSOR AND LEAD RESEARCH DIRECTOR
- Inform your sponsor of your decision to sign (or not). Consider whether to ask for some final editing or revision advice for publication purposes.
- Let your sponsor know that they may be asked to have their name featured along with yours in communications by the Secretariat Staff.
- If you do not receive confirmation that the Grant Holder Agreement Form was delivered, follow up with the Lead Research Director. If there is a problem, notify your Research Director (sponsor).
Step 4 - EDIT YOUR FINAL RESEARCH PROPOSAL
- Check the date that the Secretariat Staff expects your proposal to be ready to post and plan your editing accordingly.
- Conduct a final edit on your proposal. Be sure to polish, not alter the substance of the proposal. The posted proposal must not differ materially from the one that won.
- Ask your Research Director or the Lead Research Director for advice if you have any concerns in this regard.
Step 5 - FOLLOW UP ON CERTIFICATE AND POSTINGS
- If you are attending the convocation ceremonies, you should verify with your Research Director and the Lead Research Director that they will have a certificate ready for the ceremonies and that the person presenting the awards has you on the list.
Step 6 - POST-Contest INVOLVEMENT
- Consider applying to be a Judge or Reviewer for next year’s contest.
- Read the Judges’ and Reviewers’ Scripts to see whether you are willing and able to participate in another Contest in one of these roles.